Effective and Last Updated: April 3, 2019
1. Information Collected
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information, may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city
- Or other demographic information
- Cookies and Usage Data
We collect two types of information from you:
A. Information you voluntarily provide to us
This information may include:
Subscriber Information: On our websites, there are multiple locations where we will collect your name and email address in exchange for relevant free information, product updates and updates concerning the Services.
Registration Information: In order to fully access the Services at https://www.vaconnutritiontoolkit.com, you will be asked to complete the registration process. When you register for an account, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, username, and password.
Billing and Communications Information: If you purchase any of our products or training, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information, such as your credit card details and billing address. We will also maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses.
B. Information we collect automatically
This information may include:
Usage Data: We may collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies that may also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Services.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf. See information below at “Third Party Services.”
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Services.
Examples of cookies we use:
Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
2. Use Of Data
Adam Vacon uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide, operate, optimize and maintain our Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services.
- To monitor the usage of our Services.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
3. Legal Basis For Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
4. Retention Of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
5. Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
6. Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure For Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Adam Vacon may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Adam Vacon may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Adam Vacon
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
7. Security of Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data and Preferences
If you receive email from us and would like to not receive any future emails, you can contact us or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly update your preferences for correspondence.
9. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights Adam Vacon aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Adam Vacon relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Services. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
11. Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and process your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Here is a list of third-party services we use:
- Google Analytics – We use Google cookies to gather your demographic data in order to improve your overall user experience.
- Mailchimp.com hosts and manages all email subscribers for our free and paid products.
- Stripe.com processes all credit card data for our paid training products.
- Teachable.com hosts our online programs and training delivered through www.vaconnutritiontoolkit.com. Teachable also functions as our payment processor.
12. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
13. Affiliate Disclaimer
We may occasionally review, recommend and/or giveaway products or services. You may see links on our websites to purchase the product or service we are recommending. Some of the links within our Services are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Affiliate links are always clearly labeled and the small commission we receive comes at no cost to you.
You will also be glad to know that our recommendations are always based on the merits of the items. We would never recommend anything we wouldn’t buy ourselves, nor would we recommend items if we didn’t believe they would add value to you.
Giveaways and Sponsored Blogs
Whenever we write or blog about a product in the form of a review or giveaway, in exchange for compensation from a company, we will always disclose that fact on our websites. We only choose to partner with high-quality companies in order to preserve our reputation. At the same time, we try to be as honest as possible, ensuring that you receive the most truthful information about the products and services we review. Sponsored blogs and giveaways are always clearly labeled.
15. Contact Information