Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are one of my fav foods! They’re packed full of healthy fats, protein,
*Please keep in mind these are approximations and can be influenced by time of year and food availability. All costs are calculated in CAD. These approximations reflect the cheapest possible prices you can find for conventionally grown/farmed foods at discount grocers. If you are able to afford organic ingredients, that’s great! Just keep in mind there will be an additional cost to what’s shown below.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds – $1.35 – $2.25
- 4 tsp coconut oil – $0.15 – $0.30
- 2 tsp cinnamon – $0.10 – $0.20
- 2 tsp maple syrup or stevia – $0.15 – $0.30
Total cost of recipe: $1.75 – $3.05 | Cost per serving: $0.43 – $0.76 | Cost per 100 calories: $0.19 – $0.33
This section outlines swap options (swaptions) for some of the ingredients, how to edit it for certain dietary preferences and things you can add on if you please! If it’s within your budget to purchase local, organic ingredients I certainly recommend that but if not just stick to
- Pumpkin Seeds –> Use whatever nuts/seeds you have on hand! I’d recommend sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, walnuts or you can even do a mixture!
- Maple Syrup/ Stevia –> I like Pure Via stevia for this recipe, but you can also try Swerve (erythritol sugar-free sweetener) or a bit of honey.
- Make it Sugar-Free: Use Stevia or Erythritol as your sweetener.
- Want to supercharge this? Add a tablespoon or two of hemp hearts. These are also super tasty in yogurt!